Thursday, May 11, 2023

(New Post) Sketch Challenge!

 Freshly Made Sketches #585

Oh boy! This was a difficult one for me! 


I really struggled putting together something that I liked following this layout. My trash bin was full!! 

So, I decided to do some score lines! I love it! It is soft and subtle yet so effective. I forget that adding score lines is sometimes all that you need to add some interest to a card!

Be sure to check out all the other cards that the Freshly Made Sketches participants designed HERE. So much talent!

Now, onto my card.

I used the returning Blueberry Bushel Card Stock for my card base and the flower. I'm so happy that it made a return to Stampin' Up's color family!

Directions:

Cut a Blueberry Bushel C/S base to 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and score at 4 1/4".

Cut a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of Basic White C/S.

Score this Basic White layer at:

3/8", 1/2", 5/8"

1 1/8", 1 1/4", 1 3/8"

1 7/8", 2", 2 1/8 

2 5/8", 2 3/4", 2 7/8"

3 3/8, 3 1/2" and 3 5/8"

Attach this layer to the card base.

Die cut 2 Basic Black C/S leaf sprigs. Attach to the card using Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue.


Stamp the sentiment onto a Basic White C/S strip using Memento Black Ink. Angle cut both ends and attach using Dimensionals. 

Die cut 3 Blueberry Bushel C/S flowers. Layer together using  Mini Dimensionals. Attach to the sentiment strip using glue.

Add a Flat Backed Adhesive Pearl to the center of the flower. 


For the inside, I stamped some sprigs using Blueberry Bushel Ink.



It is a simple card but I just love how it turned out.....finally!!

Happy Stamping and Creating!

Arlene

Product List
Paper Snips
[103579]
$15.00

4 comments:

  1. Your perseverance paid off Arlene, your card is beautiful. Something so simple as score lines made this card very effective. I bet your trash ban is full of other amazing creations that I would love too. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Using scoring is such a clever way to use the sketch! Fabulous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete