Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Canada Ink's Up Blog Hop!

 Canada Ink's Up Blog Hop!





Happy Wednesday and welcome to our team, Canada Ink's Up!s Blog Hop! This months theme is Christmas in July. I have missed a few blog hops due to life getting in the way but I was determined to participate this month!

My card is a simple Christmas card using the stamping off technique. It looks like I used multiple stamp pads but I only used two!


I used the beautiful Leaves Of Holly Bundle. It is a photopolymer stamp set with amazing details in the multiple holly leaf stamps. While it is a "two step" set I only used a single layer of stamping. 

Details:

The card base is a piece of Thick Whisper White Card Stock cut to 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" and scored at 4 1/4".

I stamped directly onto the card front using two different holly leaves (I used a large leaf and a smaller leaf) and Soft Succulent Ink and Evening Evergreen Ink. I inked up one leaf using Evening Evergreen Ink and stamped it full strength, then without cleaning it or re-inking it, I stamped it again 2 more times to get the 3 different color tones. Repeat using the other leaf and Soft Succulent Ink stamping 3 times, then one more Soft Succulent leaf full strength. 

*Tip: make sure all the leaf stems end up in the center so they will be covered by the die cut. Stamp as many times as you would like to fill up the area. 

Die cut the label using Basic White C/S. Stamp sentiment using Evening Evergreen Ink.

Using this funky looking die, cut a piece of Evening Evergreen C/S for one card and Gold And Rose Gold Metallic Specialty Paper for the second card. This piece fits perfectly behind the leaf on the die cut tag! I used some Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue to attach these together. 

*Tip: when you die cut using the Gold And Rose Gold Specialty Paper you might have to run it through your Stampin' n Cut & Emboss Machine a few times. 


Attach the label over the stamped leaves using Multi_purpose Liquid Glue. Add a Festive Pearl and a Gold Shimmer Ribbon bow to finish it off.

For the second card the only difference is I used a different sentiment, and the Gold And Rose Gold Specialty Metallic Paper behind the die cut and I used Dimensionals to attach the label and I tied some ribbon around the card.





I also stamped a leaf inside my cards and on the envelopes.
I hope you have enjoyed todays cards! I would love for you to leave me a comment!

Be sure to check out all the other participants!!

Happy Stamping and Creating!
Arlene
Blog Roll


Product List
Paper Snips
[103579]
$15.00

6 comments: