Friday, May 19, 2023

(New Post) Seaside Bay Sympathy Card

 Seaside Bay Sympathy Card

I made this card using the Seaside Bay Bundle from Stampin' Up! It is a quick and easy card to make.


If you didn't need a sympathy card you can easily change the sentiment. This set also has a lovely thank you sentiment. 

Directions:

Cut a 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece of Thick Basic White Card Stock and score at 4 1/4".

Cut a Misty Moonlight C/S strip to 3/4" x 5 1/2" and emboss using the Basics 3D Embossing Folder. This set has 3 different embossing folders. Any one of them would be great to use!

Attach this piece to the card base on the right side.

Cut another piece of Thick Basic White C/S to 3 3/4" x 5". Using the Stampin' Up! Blending Brushes, add some Pecan Pie Ink to the bottom portion of the layer. 

*Tip- I rub the brush into the ink pad then I rub most of it off onto a piece of scrap paper, then I add the ink to the layer. I use soft circular motions. Once I feel like there is not too much ink left on the brush I push down a little bit harder. Re-ink and repeat until you are happy with the results. This way you avoid harsh lines. It's better to start light and add more ink as you go along. 

After you have finished with the sand, using the same Pecan Pie Ink, stamp the shells a few times along the bottom. **I stamped off one time for a softer look. Repeat this using the sand stamp.

Using Misty Moonlight Ink, use the same technique as above and add ink for the sky.

Stamp 2 small birds using Misty Moonlight Ink. *Tip- I only used the one little bird, (the stamp has 3) stamping it two times. 

On a scrap piece of Basic White C/S stamp the big bird in Misty Moonlight Ink. Die cut out and attach it to the layer using a few Dimensionals. 

Punch out or die cut a 2 1/4" circle from Vellum Card Stock. Using Misty Moonlight Ink, stamp the sentiment and a small bird. Set aside to dry for a few hours or use a Heat Tool to dry it. Attach it to the layer with a few teeny tiny dots of Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue. *Tip- after adding the glue I use my finger tip to smooth out the glue.

Add some Rhinestones to the Vellum circle.

Attach this layer to the card base using Dimensionals.


I hope I have inspired you today. Thanks for stopping by!


Happy Stamping and Creating!

Arlene


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment