Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Glass Ornament Card

I made this card for another challenge over at Freshly Made Sketches!
Check it out here: https://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.com


I used the beautiful Christmas Gleaming Stamp Set and coordinating Punches. I love using punches, it makes for quick and easy cards!!





























I wanted my ornament to shine like the pretty glass baubles we hang on our Christmas Tree. So after I punched out my stamped ornament and coloured it, I also punched out one from a Window Sheet and using a smudge of Tombow glue I attached them together. Now my ornament looks like glass!! (Hard to capture in a photo)















The card base is Crumb Cake with a panel of Pretty Peacock. Emboss the Pretty Peacock using the Subtle Embossing Folder. Cut one square using the largest Stitched Square Die, emboss with Stylish Scroll and cut another slightly smaller square from the Brightly Gleaming Designer Series Paper. Stamp the ornament in VersaMark and emboss with Silver Embossing Powder. Colour in with Balmy Blue and Light Smokey Slate Stampin' Blends. Punch out with the Gleaming Ornaments Punch Pack and punch another one using a Window Sheet. I trimmed both pieces closer to the edge. Using only a teeny tiny amount of Tombow, glue the Window Sheet piece to the embossed ornament, trim Window Sheet down to match the ornament. Tie a little bow with the Copper Trim. Stamp the sentiment in Memento Black using the Host Set, Greatest Part Of Christmas. (Love, love this set!!) Layer it onto a piece of Copper Foil. 

Hope you enjoyed todays card! I'd love for you to comment!!
Happy Stamping and Creating!!
Arlene

4 comments:

  1. Beautifu ornament...and the background DSP sets it off beautifully! Pretty card! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my punches too. Great idea to add the layer of window sheet sheet! I need to add the subtle embossing folder to my wish list. TFS! Beautiful card Arlene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful embossing! Thank you for joining Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful and elegant card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete