Sunday, June 25, 2023

Fishes, Sea Glass And Sointula!

 Fishes, Sea Glass And Sointula

When I'm in Sointula visiting my parents my favorite things to do there are spend lots of time with Mom and Dad, relax and enjoy the beautiful views and collect beach glass/sea glass! All I have to do is walk out in front of my parents house and the beach is right there. They live on the Broughton Straight of the Pacific Ocean! 


This is only one of the beaches. Sointula is on Malcolm Island so they are surrounded by amazing beaches!



My collection after only an hour of searching! 

The sea glass is just sitting there in the sand ready for me to pick up and add to my collection!




Finding the gorgeous cobalt blue pieces are a real find! They are a rare colour. Red is the rarest. 

I decided it was time to make another card using some of the treasures I found!


I added just a few pieces of sea/beach glass along the bottom of the card.

The sentiment is from Translucent Florals Stamp Set. This set will be released in the upcoming September-December 2023 Mini Catalogue. 

Directions:

Start with a 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece of Thick Basic White Card Stock, score at 4 1/4".

Cut a piece of the Bright And Beautiful Designer Series Paper to 4" x 5 1/4" and attach to the card front.

Cut a piece of the Let's Go Fishing DSP to 4" x 2 3/4" and tear the top portion. Attach to the card front.

Fussy cut out some fish from the Let's Go Fishes DSP and attach to the card using Dimensionals.

Using Glue Dots add a strip of the Naturals 1/4" Wavy Trim across the top near where the two pieces of DSP meet.

Add some of the Tinsel Gems and sea glass to finish off the card.

Another fun activity in Sointula is watching the Cruise Ships pass by. Here is a Disney Cruise Ship that is returning from Alaska and heading towards Vancouver. 



Hope you have enjoyed todays card and a few pics of beautiful Sointula. A place of harmony. 

Happy Stamping and Creating!

Arlene

To shop for any of the products I have used today simply click on any of the photos below to be directed to my on-line Stampin' Up! store.

Product List

Paper Snips
[103579]
$15.00

No comments:

Post a Comment