Monday, July 5, 2021

New Blog Post: Thinking Of You

 

Thinking Of You

I joined the weekly challenge over at Freshly Made Sketches again. I missed the last few weeks. Joining a challenge is a great way to keep the creativity flowing for me!

Be sure to check out all the participants here: Freshly Made Sketches!



I used the alcohol ink technique again! I told you in my previous posts that it is addicting!! 

For details on how to do this technique, view this post:

Alcohol Blending Technique

For another card using this technique, view this post:

Alcohol Blending Artistically Inked Bundle

For todays card I started with a 4" x 8" piece of Soft Succulent Card Stock scored in half at 4". This is the card base.

Cut a piece of Vellum to 2 1/2" x 2 1/2". For this sample I used 2 Stampin' Blends, Dark Evening Evergreen and Dark Soft Succulent. I scribbled horizontal lines back and forth alternating between the 2 Stampin' Blends. My lines were about 1/2" wide, repeating until I reached the bottom. Then I dipped a small paint brush into the "99% Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol" and dabbed it over the lines between the 2 colours to blend them together. I used a fair amount of the rubbing alcohol. Once I was happy with the blending, I dipped my paint brush into the alcohol again and using my Bone Folder I tapped the brush to splatter the alcohol onto the Vellum and it creates these really cool blotchy circles! Then I splattered it with the Wink Of Stella for some sparkle! Set aside to dry.

Cut a piece of Basic White C/S the same size as the Vellum, 2 1/2" x 2 1/2". I find that by adding this white C/S behind the Vellum the colours are more vibrant. I used Stampin' Seal to attach these two pieces together.

Cut a piece of Pattern Party Designer Series Paper to 2 3/4" x 2 3/4" and attach the Vellum panel to it. Attach this to the card front using Dimensionals.

Using a scrap of Soft Succulent C/S, stamp a sentiment with Memento Black Ink. Angle cut both ends. Attach to the card front using Dimensionals.

Die cut a Basic Black C/S leaf using the Artistic Dies. Cut apart, I used 3 leaves. Add some Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue to the leaves and tuck underneath the sentiment.

Tie a double bow using Basic Black Bakers Twine and attach under the sentiment using a Glue Dot.

Give this technique a try! 

I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment!

Happy Stamping and Creating,

Arlene


Lola, my stamping partner, card stock destroyer, Designer Series Paper eater, ribbon chewer and all round goofy dog!!!


Product List 

Paper Snips
[103579]
$13.50

2 comments:

  1. This is really pretty! Lovely work on that alcohol ink panel. So glad to see you this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pretty background for these gorgeous leaves! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete