Monday, October 28, 2019

 Fall Leaves

We just returned home from an amazing vacation to Cape Breton Island and Halifax, Nova Scotia. The colours of the trees were amazing and so stunning!!! Words can not describe the beauty of that part of Canada!! 
  So....what does a stamper do when she returns home from a vacation there, she makes a card!!! It is no where near in comparison but it is my take on the changing of the leaves, Cape Breton style!!




























I used the "Thumping" technique for this card. I first inked up my tree from Rooted In Nature in Crushed Curry Ink, then I added Soft Suede to the trunk with my Stampin' Write Marker, then I used the "Thumping" technique, (using darker coloured markers, start tapping or thumping directly onto the stamp, use the side of the marker so you don't damage or flatten the tip). The markers I used were: Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive and Real Red. After I had added all the colour I wanted I very lightly spritz the stamp with water. It gives it a softer more water coloured look. Cut out using the largest circle from the Stitched Shapes Dies.

The Real Red card base was embossed with the Woodland Embossing Folder. I made my own "DSP" by using a Whisper White piece of card stock, 5 1/2" X 2" and stamping the small and medium sized leaf in Real Red, Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie, then I splattered the panel with Cajun Craze ink. Attached behind it is a small strip of Copper Foil. I embossed this panel using the Layered Leaves 3D Folder. It is finished off with a copper Leaf Trinket, a triple Linen Thread bow and a wee bit of Wink of Stella Splatter! 



Here is a close-up of the beautiful fall tree. You can also see the Woodland Embossing Folder on the card base and the tree panel is embossed with the Layered Leaves 3D Embossing Folder.




















Happy Fall and Happy Stamping and Creating!!

Arlene

1 comment:

  1. I love every detail on this card! I love how you created your own DSP with the leaf stamp in different colors and that touch of splatter adds an extra special touch, great idea! TFS

    ReplyDelete